In the event of an unfortunate season ending injury, please review the below reimbursement policy in its entirety before submission of the below reimbursement form. If you will be submitting a request for reimbursement, please complete the form in its entirety and submit to:
Player Registration Fee Reimbursement Policy
Elite Athletics, Inc. d/b/a Team Elite Baseball (Hereinafter “Team Elite”) is committed to providing our players with the unparalleled opportunity to enhance and develop their knowledge and skills in order to meet their individual baseball development goals. Team Elite recognizes that obtaining quality training, coaching, and play time can all be key components to support our players’ athletic careers. This policy outlines the eligibility and other requirements for a player and his/her parents to receive any reimbursement of player registration fees in the unfortunate event of a season ending injury as may be covered by this policy.
This policy provides the requirements and process to potentially obtain a reimbursement for a portion of the player registration fees, as defined below, that are payed to Team Elite for a player’s participation in the Team Elite Program in the event of a season ending injury. Any approval of any reimbursement will be governed by and subject to this policy.
- Player Registration Fee: The fee charged to each player to obtain a spot on a Team Elite team and participate in the Team Elite program. Except as provided herein the player registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
Player registration fee reimbursement is only offered in accordance with the rules and conditions outlined in this policy. Team Elite reserves the right to update, modify or terminate this program at any time without binding itself to or fulfilling any specific course of action from past or future commitments. The most recent version of this policy may be found at www.teamelitebaseball.org. Team Elite maintains authority and discretion to make decisions on circumstances not expressly covered in or by this policy.
Team Elite shall not be obligated to approve any request for a player registration fee reimbursement based upon any other reimbursement decisions made for the benefit of the same or different players. Each request for player registration fee reimbursement shall be evaluated for eligibility based upon the current facts and circumstances. Team Elite shall have sole and final authority to make all decisions regarding the approval or denial of any player fee reimbursement request.
All requests for player registration fee reimbursement must satisfy BOTH of the following conditions:
- The player has suffered a season ending injury; AND
- The player is current on the payment of all player registration fees and administrative fees.
Procedure to Submit Request:
To submit a request for player registration fee reimbursement the player’s parent should fill out Team Elite’s “Reimbursement Request for Season Ending Injury” form, this document can be found on the Team Elite’s website. The completed form should be submitted to Injury Reimbursement Request
In order to complete the form, the injured player must be evaluated by a licensed physician. The licensed physician must determine the player’s injury will prevent the player from participating in the remainder of the on- going season or prevent participation in the up-coming season. The licensed physician’s determination of a season ending injury shall be attached to the completed Reimbursement Request for Season Ending Injury form.
Pro- Rata Reimbursements:
The length of each season is divided into four (4) quarters for the purposes of calculating the potential amount of each player registration fee reimbursement.
Eligible player registration fee reimbursements will be made on a pro-rata basis based upon the quarters remaining in the current Team Elite season from the date of the season ending injury. Reimbursements shall be calculated as follows:
- If a season ending injury occurs before the first quarter of the season, the player may be eligible for a refund of up to one-hundred percent (100%) of the player registration fee.
- If a season ending injury occurs in the first quarter of the season, the player may be eligible for a refund of up to seventy-five percent (75%) of the player registration fee.
- If a season ending injury occurs in the second quarter of the season, the player may be eligible for a refund of up to fifty percent (50%) of the player registration fee.
- If a season ending injury occurs in the third quarter of the season, the player may be eligible for a refund of up to twenty-five percent (25%) of the player registration fee.
- Injuries which occur in the fourth quarter of the season are not eligible for any refund.
- Players shall not be eligible for refund of any amount of the Administrative fee.
Ineligible for Reimbursement:
Player registrations fees will not be reimbursed by Team Elite for any of the following reasons:
- Players’ Voluntary Cancelation.If a player voluntarily cancels or withdraws from participation with Team Elite for any reason is not eligible for any refund or credit.
- Voluntary cancelations would include cancelations unrelated to a season ending injury and may include all personal reasons such as moving, or other family events which may prevent the player from participating.
- Dismissed Players. A player who is dismissed or removed from his/her Team Elite team by the team’s head coach for disciplinary reasons will not be eligible for a refund of any player registration fees. All players may be subject to disciplinary action, including but not limited to dismissal, by the team head coach for any behavior which affects the player’s ability to fully participate on the team or behavior which is detrimental or dangerous to the other players on the team. After a head coach has made a decision to dismiss or remove a player, such player is not eligible for any refund.
This Reimbursement Policy will not extend to reimbursement of player registration fees resulting in whole or in part from, or contributed to by, or as a natural or probable consequence of, any of the following:
- Suspension of the Player for all or part of a season for disciplinary reasons
- No refunds will be made to any players who are suspended from their team for all or part of the season as a result of disciplinary action by the head coach.
- War or any act of war, declared or undeclared.
- A Player’s inability to participate due to loss or injury caused by the player’s consumption of alcohol or any non-prescribed medication.
- Player’s decision to quit participation with Team Elite for any reason.
- A player’s removal/reassignment from a team based on lack of effort in competition
- A player’s temporary inability to participate due to vacation, family emergency, illness, non-season ending injury, or other reason.
- All late fees are non-refundable